» About IVRI
To conduct research, provide postgraduate education and transfer of the technology in all areas of animal sciences with emphasis on animal health and production.
To act as national referral centre for veterinary type cultures, disease diagnosis, biologicals, immunodiagnostics, etc.
Post Graduate Teaching at IVRI
The priority of the Institute in organizing research activities is developing cutting-edge
technologies that are effectively transferable and human resource development. The
programmes encomno pass divisional boundaries to have inter-disciplinary approaches.
Further emphasis is also given to developing partnetship linkages with sister organizations
for addressingpriority problem-oriented collaborative research. For realization
of the envisioned goals and objectives and translation into corresponding programmes
of the institute, the major identified thrust areas of research are as under:
- Self-reliance in cutting–edge and frontier technologies in research and human resource
- Development of quick and precise methodologies including kits for diagnosis of diseases/
conditions, package of practices for optimum animal health.
- Surveillance, creation of data bank and forecasting system of animal diseases.
- IVRI Products Improvement of immunoprophylactics, use of biotechnological tools
in evolving vaccines for important diseases of livestock and poultry.
- Pet animal health and disease management.
- Disaster management for livestock through multidisciplinary approach.
- Genetic studies on disease resistance in domestic species of livestock.
- Monitoring and surveillance of drugs, pesticides, mycotoxins and microbial residues
in livestock and livestock products.
- Pharmacological evaluation of herbs/plant products and promotion of ethno-veterinary
- Harnessing techniques for in vitro fertilization, cloning of embryos and research
on transgenic animals and stem cells.
- IVRI Products Development of economic diets and nutrition for health and wellbeing
of farm animals and pets.
- Processing and preservation of meat and development of value-added meat products.
- Farming systems based research and extension activities for livestock-buffalo, cattle,
goat, sheep and pigs.
- Evaluation, refinement and transfer of technologies.
- Livestock economics, creation of databases for livestock and related statistics,
impact analysis and market intelligence