» Biological Product Division
About Biological Product Division
Biological Products Division
The Biological Products Division was originally founded as Imperial Veterinary Serum Institute in 1930 to produce antisera against rinderpest and hemorrhagic septicemia the most devastating diseases of cattle. In 1936 with the reorganization of the Institute, it was renamed as Division of Biological Products. The divisional activities are organized under three sections viz. viral vaccines, bacterial vaccines and diagnostics. These are directed towards research and development on improvement of biological products, up-scaling of technologies to production level, introduction of newer vaccines, diagnostics and other biological products, production and supply of veterinary biologicals and transfer of technology on veterinary biologicals. In addition to it organization of training programmes for the state biological production units through national diploma and specialized short-term training courses, besides rendering advisory and consultancy services on veterinary biologicals are also important activities.